Tuesday 16 August 2022

Elbow Grease - Lili of the Valley DT

Hello everyone, 
I was hoping to get some crafty time during the school holidays, but it's not  happening! The day after we got back from our holiday to Wales, we had to take Emma to a 4 day cricket festival in Malvern. She had an amazing time playing against Ireland and Kent. We had a lovely time watching all the cricket too - the college is set in beautiful grounds and the weather was gorgeous. Since then, she's played in Durham, Scarborough, Bradford, basically cricket has hijacked my holidays, (I've had 3 days at home in 3 weeks!) not only is she playing for numerous teams, she has now decided to start coaching and is helping out with the Under 11's.
Inbetween all the cricket it was my Dad's birthday last Thursday and I very quickly cobbled together a card for him. I've used a brilliant stamp from Lili of the Valley. This is Elbow Grease.


I've coloured him with promarkers and copics. The background papers are from Make & Create. I've used a cog die from Joy!crafts and added card candy in the centre. I found a piece of hessian to add texture and used a computer generated sentiment.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:-

Thanks for taking the time to visit my little blog and for all your comments and encouragement. I hope to be visiting your blogs very soon.
Lorraine x

16 comments:

brenda said...

It a super masculine card for your Dad Lorraine.

B x

Magic Maggie said...

Cor.....well done Emma (and Mum). This is a brilliant card.
Love
Maggie (Bendy Yorkite)

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sounds like your feet have hardly touched the ground! I hope you get a little bit more time to relax and craft before the school term time starts again.
A fabulous make from you as always, cobbled together or not they are always fabulous.
Lorraine

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous cards and embellishments
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Lorraine; you cannot go wrong with LOTV stamps. So pleased they've now released new ones. You must be exhausted and very proud of your Daughter. It looks like we could all be seeing her in the future playing for either a County or the Nation.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely masculine card Lorraine…beautiful presented as always

Anne

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card,great colouring. Anesha x

Carole Pollard said...

Great card I love this fab design hugs Carole x

cuilliesocks said...

Sounds a real whirlwind of cricket Lorraine, hope you get some me time soon.
I love your card, it's a great design and colouring is fabulous, beautifully embellished with the cogs too, Kate x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Super cute image Lorraine and perfectly coloured hun! LOVE the hessian wrap and the sweet cog finish! Gorgeous papers and card design. Another stunning creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

cotnob said...

Sounds like you've been busy Lorraine, a super card for your Dad, I hope he enjoyed his Birthday.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

anne said...

It sounds like you have been really busy Lorraine. Another beautiful card, love your colouring and the lovely layout of your card.
Anne x

Sarah said...

What a lovely card for your Dad Lorraine, the hessian adds a wonderful touch. Sounds like you have been incredibly busy so far!! xx

Wendy L said...

Love it Lorraine and the hessian makes it perfect, xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous great colours and brilliant result x

Aunty Sue said...

How beautifully coloured would love to know the colours you used for the card it is stunning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...