Friday 6 April 2012

Thistledown Fairy

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your kind wishes about my Dad, I really appreciate them. He is starting to improve slowly, and the nurses are optimistic that he will get the use of his arm back. He is still in hospital and will stay there as long as he continues to improve. The nurses there are absolutely fantastic!

Now, onto today's card. This rubber stamp is Thistledown Fairy from LOTV. It's one of their older stamps but it's new to me and I love it!! (My new ones haven't arrived yet - bank holiday post!)



I've coloured her with promarkers and added some glitter on her fairy wings.


The background papers are from Nitwits. I've used my spellbinders edgeability die for the border.

I've added some of the gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. They are white sweetheart blossom flowers, 15mm floral foundation roses and a 25mm open rose. I finished it off with ribbon from my stash and a bow that took loads of attempts to tie!! I covered the badly tied bow with a heart shaped button.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Lillies Little Fairies - Ribbon, Buttons and Bows
Wild Orchid Crafts - Things with Wings
Sir Stampalot - Happy Birthday

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Happy Easter everyone.

Lorraine x

21 comments:

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, love the pretty papers, colours and the LOTV, so sweet. Carolxx

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card! I love the little heart button, very cute :)

Tags xx

Hazel said...

Stunning card Lorraine - I love the colours and the image - fab.

Hope your dad is better soon.

Take care

Hazel x

Kim Dibben said...

Beautiful card Lorraine, I love the pinks and purples, fab image.
Glad to hear that your dad is improving.
Kim xx

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card,what a fab image.xxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

This is beautiful. Sue x

pinky said...

This has just the perfect amount of sweetness. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Lorraine great colours

Anne

Francesca said...

Amazing creation

Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

hugs
Francesca

Happy Crafter said...

Beautiful card love the sweet image and your colouring :)
Hugzz Val xx

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is gorgeous hun, I adore this image! Lovely papers again and such pretty embellies!
Have a lovely Easter and best wishes to your Dad too :)
Kelly.x

Carol Willis said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine. Beautifully coloured. Love the papers and embellishments.
Hope your Dad makes a speedy recovery.
Hugs
Caz x

brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lorraine and the colouring compliments the image perfectly.

Thanks so much for joining our Birthday celebrations at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck with all the prize draws.

B x

Anonymous said...

Another perfect and beautiful card Lorraine. I love your style.
xx

Sally H said...

A fabulous creation! Thanks for joining in the Birthday celebrations at Sir stampalot and Good Luck!

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeous darlin, I do hope you dad continues to improve hunny have a happy easter love from me xxxxxxxx

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card, such a sweet image and your colouring is fantastic, hugs x x

Tracy said...

I love your choice of image and the design and finishing touches, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous! :) I love some of these 'vintage' LOTV stamps. I just bought myself a couple too.

Love how you use the edgeability dies and the contrast of colour, it has such an impact.

Beautiful colouring!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Ruth said...

Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot blog hop, Ruth

annes paperfun said...

Such a lovely card!
Lovely image ♥
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...